Gaidhlig Cridhe

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Went into town and got a couple trinkets for friends at Hilo Hattie's. What would a visit to the island be without a free shell lei?

After a couple of other errands, we walked home along the sea wall, stopping at Foodland to get fish and groceries for dinner. I'm lucky to be traveling with a good cook, which means all I have to do is wash up after a good meal. Before dinner, we sat on the lanai and read and watched for whales. No spouts in the distance, but found this little fellow perched on the wastebasket feasting on flies. (Hard not to imagine him standing up and explaining to me in a Cockney accent why I needed to change my car insurance.)



Saw 'Ulalena tonight. Good way to start the New Year! Costumes and music were really fun. My favorite part was toward the end when several of the dancers lay under a large piece of silk and moved it up and down sporadically; that and the changing blue-green lights really made it look like ocean!



Tomorrow we go to the Westin. Sad to leave our little beach front place, but will being in a more controlled climate will let my feet get back to normal?? Maybe I should travel with a gecko so he can have first crack at whatever's been eating me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home